POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wings3D UV texture mapping tutorial : Re: Wings3D UV texture mapping tutorial Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wings3D UV texture mapping tutorial
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Feb 2010 15:12:23
Message: <4b86d9a7@news.povray.org>
Captain Jack wrote:
> Excellent! I'll check it out as soon as I get home and away from this @#$%
> firewall...

Going to the Wings3D forum, I find
http://nendowingsmirai.yuku.com/topic/2136/t/AutoUV-tuts-amp-helpful-info.html
with a whole bunch of links I haven't checked out, too.

And after smashing my head for about 2 hours trying to figure out why the
texture maps are messed up, and then discovering it works if I mirror them
about the vertical axis, I remember that one of the models in the tutorial I
was using had the UV mapping messed up in the model, and I had changed the
shader to mirror the textures on the (one, tutorial) model I was using. Ouch.

Now, if I could just find a usable, free modeler that can do bones and
animations, I'm golden. :-)  I just may have to try getting back into
blender again if there's no better suggestion.  Does DAZ5 support that sort
of thing? I downloaded it but haven't tried it yet.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not